Wednesday 11 November 2009

Initiate Stage Two

Just a quick note that my plan for web domination continues apace with a review over at Play This Thing! I didn't actually realise it had gone up until I checked the site today, and was caught a little off-guard since I wrote the review two months ago. This was intended to be the final draft, as I expected some sort of 'OK, we'll post a review' email first, so it's a little scratty. Somewhere down the line I'll probably submit reviews for Citadels and Blueberry Garden (which seriously needs one). I was gonna write one up for Gratuitous Space Battles, as a platform from which to discuss the strategy in strategy games, but someone's already covering that. So maybe expect to see that one here, instead. Suffice to say it's a great game which fulfils a role I've been wanting a game to fill for years. It is pretty expensive though, however it has an active community with modders and frequent dev contact. It's being patched with improvements fairly often, too.

In other news, ideas percolate around. I can't give them all the time they need. Phil Kahn got me started thinking about creating a web comic called Giant Ants, which played off British 1950s and 60s sci fi. Early Doctor Who, Quatermass, Wyndham, etc. Whilst I can see how good that has the potential to be, I don't think I am the right person to realise it. I can't hit the humour notes it requires. Still, I have other projects. I still have a platformer in development, and I had the urge to re-immerse myself in some coding recently, so that my progress. I might also hack together a proper layout for this site.

Should have some proper content up later today, or tomorrow, depending how hooked on Psychonauts I get.

2 comments:

Medusae said...

HEY! I found your writings through teh internets!

Glad to see you're back in writing form.
The comic is a good idear, although your blog needs some good housekeeping and a woman's touch.
You know who to call...

(That is if you'll talk to me being all published and famous now.)

~Heroh

Eiphel said...

How odd... The links in my post have vanished.